Continuing education from Abroad!
Lessons From Travel creates travel programs for all types of educators to practice their craft as well as have an experience that helps redefine their teaching!
Time to have that Educational Adventure!
Just imagine this for a second - You slowly open your eyes from dozing off from under the shade. The book you were reading fell off your lap onto the white sand. Off in front of you the ocean waves have crept a little closer onto the beach. You scan the scenery in both directions seeing the occasional tourist waking along the water's edge. The sun is still blazing away up in the cloudless sky so you have to adjust your sunglasses. The breeze has picked up since you sat down, but you don't mind as it has kept the heat at bay. As you take a deep breath in, you reflect on your morning of experimenting in the classroom. "Hmmm, I definitely need to remember that for the new school year," you think to yourself. As you glance at your phone to check the time, you flash a quick smile as you realize you have another couple hours before meeting up with other teachers for dinner at another beachside restaurant.
Although just an image right now, this could easily be you this summer! This July, Lessons From Travel has been asked by the International School of Aruba to help put on their summer STEAM program for local students....and we want to invite you! We're looking for THREE more enthusiastic educators to come along with us for this incredible educational and travel experience!
From July 10-14 at a program cost of $800, you'll come with us to learn about STEAM education, how to implement it into the classroom, all the while vacationing on an exotic Caribbean island! For more details you can click here as well as check out our video for a taste of the good life!
Why You Want to Go!!!
- Let us first ask how many PD sessions have you sat through as someone stands up front, lecturing to those in attendance, going through slide after slide? It’s professional development. We don’t want to develop your listening comprehension skills. You'll develop because you’ll be taking an active role in doing something new and hands on, in an international setting.
- It’s Aruba!!! You’re on vacation and what better way to relax than take that short flight down to the Caribbean to feel that breeze and dig your toes in the sand! It’s been a hectic school year and you need to be rewarded for your hard work. Sure, you’ll be helping local students learn the first part of the day, but believe us when we say we’ll be thinking of the beach just as much as you :)
- The $800 program cost is ridiculously cheap! There are so many teachers each year that join up with (after being hounded by) corporate groups that promise that big travel experience. We’ve done that. We won’t do it again. What you're actually left with is a large, impersonal bus tour that dictates your itinerary, herds everyone like cats, and can cost anywhere between $2000-$4000! Yes, you can wrangle up 10-12 students to join you in order to go free. But again, it’s your vacation! Plus, as a side note, our CPA friend told us she was pretty confident the $800 program cost could be a tax write off!
- Your hosts (and founders of Lessons From Travel) are seasoned world travelers and educators. We've lived and taught on Aruba for two years at ISA so we know exactly where to go and how to show you a good time. It’s almost like having a local at your beck and call. Plus the way the program is organized, we want to allow the teachers to have a say in what they want to do while on the island!
- The International School of Aruba is a facinating place to be right now. Their faculty and administration have courageously embraced experimenting with new educational programs and ideas. Their committment to a progressive style of education really is a breath of fresh air. As one ISA teacher recently shared with us, “We want to create a school that we love going to. If we can imagine it, we want to try it. And I think our students can feel it too.”